A review of more than 140 years of dynamic development
Continental since 1871
2013: The Continental brand is being modified to better meet future business strategy and market challenges.
1998: Acquisition of a US company's Automotive Brake and Chassis unit, the core of which is Alfred Teves GmbH in Frankfurt.
1971: Europe's largest hose manufacturing facilities are set up at the Korbach plant. The entire hose production is transferred from Hanover to Korbach.
1952: Continental adds M+S tires for winter driving to its range of conventional tires.
1871: Continental-Caoutchouc- und Gutta-Percha Compagnie is founded in Hanover as a joint stock company. Manufacturing at the main factory includes soft rubber products, rubberized fabrics, solid tires for carriages and bicycles.