To be considered during the design process:
- Suitable design/arrangement of operating and control devices, displays, labels, handles, and gripping surfaces
- Display with adequate resolution
- All information that needs to be constantly viewed by the worker must be located within the optimum viewing range and displayed at an appropriate size and with optimum contrast.
- For inspection tasks, suitable accessories must be provided, depending on the size of the structure
- Adequate illumination
- Avoid glare (direct glare and reflected glare)